Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE FEEDS!

seven

I have installed a McCormick two stage trigger on my AR. At first it failed to reset about half a dozen times. I put about 45 rounds through it discovering this and then I dry-fired it until it started resetting and haven't had a problem since. However the rifle double-feeds about every one and a half magazines. It was also having problems shoving the first round home into the chamber from slide-lock. I was wishing it was my mags. Checked the gas block, the buffer assembly and gas tube. Then I noticed the hammer on this aftermarket trigger is noticably harder to depress than a stock trigger group. This is backed up by the fact that the weapon didn't start having this malfunction until I dropped in the new trigger. Is it possible that the trigger is the culprit and is there a break-in period or is this trigger just not compatible? Tommorrow I'll slap the upper on a different lower with a stock trigger and try to isolate the problem. Is anybody familiar with this issue? (and yes I cleaned and lubricated the weapon)

Double feeds are always shooter induced malfunctions. My guess is that it is a feeding problem where when you rack the action to feed another round, the one that didnt feed doesn't eject.

That is at least what I take from it....I highly doubt it is a trigger malfunction.