Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ESP adjustable trigger

AmericanHorse

I know it's all personal preference, what makes a good competition trigger for an M&P.

I have an adjustable trigger.

Is it best to have very little take up movement?

It's breaking with a very crisp snap at about 5.5 pounds. Should I go lighter?

Thanks.

I know it's all personal preference, what makes a good competition trigger for an M&P.

I have an adjustable trigger.

Is it best to have very little take up movement?

It's breaking with a very crisp snap at about 5.5 pounds. Should I go lighter?

Thanks.

I shoot an M&P 9mm pro in ESP and went with the Apex FSS kit and poly trigger. Very little take up, short reset and crisp break. By using various combinations of springs, the trigger pull weight is 2.9 - 3.1# depending on which instrument I use to measure.

I've got an IDPA friend that went with the Salient Arms trigger. It is a very nice tigger, but I think he spent a small fortune on it.

Edited by SWHlctx

It's not an M&P but I have a Powder River Kit in my XD and it is a crisp 3.5#. I mention that to say, yes I would go lighter. My 1911's are 3# or lighter. My revolvers are 5.5# double action and I would go lighter on those if I could find anywhere else to drop the weight.

Im shooting the Apex FSS kit w/poly trigger too. Its really close to a factory 1911 trigger. If you go this route, make sure you have a "new" sear housing that uses the 1/8 in sear spring and detent. I had an old style housing that used the 1/16th spring so i had to order one of the "new" sear housings to make the kit work.

I shoot a M&P pro 9 with an Apex CEAK and an aluminum trigger - wish at this point that I had gotten the FSS aluminum- but it is about 2.5 pounds. A little more pre travel than the FSS I think but pretty nice.

Breaking at 5.5 pounds should I go lighter? Absolutley