Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Samson FF barely touches JP gas block help?

steviesterno

Hey all,

So Im finally upgrading my 3 gun rifle, and the new samson 15" rail I got to replace the 12" nordic seems to just kinda sorta touch the JP gas block sometimes. The rail has just a touch of wiggle (less than 1/32nd or so) but I think that might be because my upper is pretty heavily used. The problem is, I really like the recoil impulse with the JP adjustable block and comp, so I don't really want to dial in something new.

1) Should I get over it and replace the gas block?

2) forget the new rail and go back to the old set up?

3) sand the corners of the octagon JP block and hope that frees up the clearances?

4) say screw it and shoot the thing

Thanks all for your help!

I had a similar issue with new BCM handguard hitting JP gas block, and tried the 'sand down' method... it still touched when resting on a barricade,etc.

Break down and get the SLR Rifleworks Sentry adjustable block... shoots very well, and feels similar to JP... easy to get to adjustment screw from muzzle end...Just check that your gasport lines up well with hole in block... problem solved!

I had a similar clearance issue and after grinding away on the gas block and handguard it still touched when I applied pressure to the handguard. I broke down and bought an SLR. It was a good purchase and I love SLR's products. Save yourself the hassle, don't grind anything. Give someone a deal on the JP block and get the SLR for a few dollars more.

Edited by Mberry