Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need 3G shot timer

I'm looking for a timer that will work for (dry fire drills)( reloads) Handgun, AR's and , shotgun. Lots of good OLD information, but with mixed results . Is there a timer which has been able to stand the test of time, and is used more than any other. More importantly you'd buy again ?

I ended up with the CED7000PRO. I really like it... It is tiny compared to the others, plenty loud, packed full of options. What I like is that it has two modes... You can keep it simple for local matches so you don't overwhelm whoever might be using it. It gives basic Par and delay times. But then you can go into pro mode, and really has a ton of functions like a match computer and some really cool training tools.

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/CED7000PRO-Shot-Timer.html

Now if you don't need all that jazz, for about 70 bucks less is the CED7000 which is also awesome!

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/CED7000-Shot%252dActivated-Timer.html

Mulrick Thanks for your help; Will both these work for dry fire practice picking up just a hammer strike, also is the screen large easy to read for old eyes

I've used a CED 7000 for a few years after using them at the Blue Ridge Mtn 3 Gun. I figure if they can withstand the beating of BRM, they can take anything I'm going to use it for.

I much prefer it over any of the big blue timers.

Mulrick Thanks for your help; Will both these work for dry fire practice picking up just a hammer strike, also is the screen large easy to read for old eyes

Yes, they both allow you to set the sensitivity of the mic, so you can turn it way up for dry fire. Only issue I've found is it can have a hard time telling the difference between dropping the hammer and racking the slide.

Old eves... I'd say the PRO with the color screen might be a little easier indoors in low light. The numbers are smaller on the Standard one since the screen is just a B&W LCD.