Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Corey Tripp mags not seating properly

Rye

I have bought two Corey Tripp mags to try out. For some reason it does not seat properly. I'm using tech well sp system and using egw higher mag catch. The magazine is hard to seat and hard to release. I have to push the mag button so hard for it to release. Anybody have experience this problem? Thanks.

It may be the egw mag catch. Have you tried it with the factory or another known good catch. That egw catch is great at fixing feeding problems if your gun needs it, but it may not be needed.. The techwell shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Also is the stop tab on the front of the base pad touching the frame with the mag locked in?

Edited by DRichardson

Does the problem persist if you switched back to the stock mag catch? For a while I was using one of those EGW higher mag catches and I found it took a pretty good smack to seat them. Filing down the basepad where it prevents the mag from being over-inserted can help with that, but eventually I took the gun to my gunsmith who polished the feedramp so I didn't need to use the EGW higher mag catch.

The only other place I could think that could be touching and causing the mag to be hard to seat is the ejector. Take the slide off and insert the mag, is the mag feed lip touching the ejector ? Also are the hard to seat loaded and unloaded? If loaded how many rounds are you putting in them?

My Coreys are right against my ejector without running a higher mag catch. I think I'd have to file on the ejector if I wanted/needed that catch.

Edited by Chris_C