Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tumbler brands

http://www.harborfreight.com/garage-shop/tumblers-vibrators/18-lb-vibratory-bowl-with-liquid-drain-hose-96923.htmlI can do big brass loads with this one. If it dies, I'm buying another just like it.

I just got this as a gift from my father. He ended up getting it on sale for $120. I have to admit this beats Dillion's cv-2001and FA by a mile and to top it all off its so quite and sturdy. Ran 2500 9mm through with walnut and nu shine for 6 hours yesterday and man it's a gem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you are considering Stainless / wet tumbler - I went with http://www.biggdawgtumblers.net and seems to be built for a lifetime of use.

I have now built two tumblers. One for personal, one for business. The personal tumbler, which I built from 1" square tubing, 3/4" rollers, 1/2 HP motor, 5" and 1.5" pulleys, and 8"x18" sewer pipe. I have about $100 in it since I had the motor and sewer pipe laying around. The end caps were the most expensive part @ $25.00/ea.

The other tumbler is built on a stronger frame, for tumbling two of the 8"x20" drums at a time. I have considerably more, around the $500.00 mark invested, but then again, I can tumble near 4k pieces of brass at a time.

For the money, and size, the Big Dawg tumblers are pretty competitive in price.

Edited by Brassaholic13

I have two Frankford Arsenal tumblers. I would prefer a better brand, but the Frankford's keep running year after year.

First Tumbler has crushed nut. Brass goes in the nut first for a quick cleaning.

The Second Tumbler has corn cob. After the nut the brass goes into the corn cob with a bit of NuFinish to get polished.

Little to no effort to clean my brass using the two tumblers and cheap Christmas light timer.

My media separator is a Dillon. Everything else is toy by comparison.

I also have a Thumbler with stainless pins. Rarely get's used and when it does, it only get's used on de-capped rifle casings. Too much of Pain in the Assss to use on pistol brass. I like shiny brass, but not worth the effort for pistol brass. Also, I load on a Dillon press. The powder funnel sticks to super clean pin-tumbled brass. The little bit of carbon left on the inside of "normally" tumbled brass helps to limit the powder funnel drag.

Now I have a good question. Since we discussed tumblers. How about separators. I have Dillion's small one and the FA bucket one but both too small. Any good ideas on building one if anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1 on the Berrys, they make a lot of private labeled ones. I really like their seperator with the lid, works great with stainless pins as you don't have to worry about chasing/losing them with it.

s7_214213_999_01_zps5f2e3784.jpg

I like this one. I have one of these with a Cabella's stamp on the lid, pretty nice. Keeps most of the dust contained.