Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 90 degree?

Boyeraz

I really like shooting 90 degree. I bought two RTS2 sights to replace my older C-more Slide ride with 90 degree mounts. The new mounts are Cheely up right. I am now having trouble finding the dot.

Does anyone make a 90 Degree mount for the RTS2?

Edited by Boyeraz

i too have been running a 90deg cmore and have really gotten into the groove of the low center of dot over the barrel. I like the look of the RTS2 but Im not sure what the "D" shaped viewing window would feel like when its turned on its side. Might take some getting used to. Also, with the RTS2 being slightly more compact, I wonder how a vertical RTS2 compares to a 90 deg cmore with regards to "height of dot over center of bore". They might not be too far off...

I am now having trouble finding the dot.

Give it some time the learrning curve isnt really that long. I think the rts2 on its side would be even harder to get use to, its just not made to be used that way of course the c-more wasnt made to be used on its side either, so do what makes you happy and have fun :-)

I wonder how a vertical RTS2 compares to a 90 deg cmore with regards to "height of dot over center of bore".

post-52218-0-68261900-1401596292_thumb.j

That is actually an RTS1. So the RTS2 sits a little bit lower.

Edited by disxbxjun

lets not forget about costs in the equation too. The RTS2 costs $200+- more than the slide ride, has a smaller window, and sits a little higher than the 90 deg slide ride. Besides the small* weight reduction, Im having a hard time seeing the advantage to the RTS2....