Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 VS Limited Pro

yeah I think stock II vs lim pro is very much down to personal preference. personally i like the stock II but my stock II is a little different to most as it has the 4.75inch slide and barrel instead of the 4.5inch you guys get. it's like short dustcover 2011s vs full dust cover 2011's. you see plenty of guys doing well with either. from memory the lim pro also doesn't have the cone barrel but again there is no hard evidence that the cone barrel is any better than the regular straight barrel. tanfoglio seem to think it's the 'premium' option but that doesn't guarantee that it has better performance...

since it seems the lim pro you guys get has the 4.75 inch slide and barrel that's probably a mark back in favour of the lim pro.

so I'd look at it like this:

lim pro: longer sight radius, longer barrel and slide. lighter front end.

stock II, lighter slide weight (shorter slide), bull/cone barrel, cone lock-up, full length dust cover.

frame is otherwise the same. fire control the same. external controls are the same.

Theoretically with heavier frame, heavier barrel but slightly shorter and lighter slide the stock II 'should' shoot a little flatter. less slide mass moving around, but more weight in the non-moving parts is a good thing. but as many have said to really pick and quantify the difference you would have be very good.

I think either would make a great production gun. They seem to cost similar money so I guess it comes down to what you can find. I really like my stock II. :)