Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie with an RL1050

Hello, I have searched and not found anything to fix these issues.

This is my Third dillon press I have a 55, 650 and now this RL1050 which I purchased incomplete, basically I got the press.

I am attempting to install a case feeder and a caliber conversion kit for 223.

First issue is that the case feeder bowl seems to be rotated about 15 degrees to the left, so the tube sits at an angle. I saw one post about this on the dillon forum but no solution.

Second the cas feed tube adapter seems to be indexed 180 degrees off. The cut out to pass the brass is facing me when installed and not facing the shellplate. Anyone ever heard of this?

Did I receive the wrong parts or I am I doing something wrong?

Hello, I have searched and not found anything to fix these issues.

This is my Third dillon press I have a 55, 650 and now this RL1050 which I purchased incomplete, basically I got the press.

I am attempting to install a case feeder and a caliber conversion kit for 223.

First issue is that the case feeder bowl seems to be rotated about 15 degrees to the left, so the tube sits at an angle. I saw one post about this on the dillon forum but no solution.

Second the cas feed tube adapter seems to be indexed 180 degrees off. The cut out to pass the brass is facing me when installed and not facing the shellplate. Anyone ever heard of this?

Did I receive the wrong parts or I am I doing something wrong?

I can comment on the second question as I just got through with a complete restoration of an RL 1050. The adapter housing on the RL 1050 has the locating pin hole 180 degrees from the Super 1050. Thus, if you are using an RL 1050 case feed adapter for .223 in a Super 1050 adapter housing, it will be turned 180 degrees.

I may have the old RL 1050 case feed adapter for .223 from my project kicking around if you want it. I'm using mine exclusively for 9mm.

OK great one down, so I can assume that Dillon does not offer the proper adapter anymore?

I don't know if Dillon still has the RL 1050 adapter housing anymore (part no. 13534); it isn't listed online at least. The Super 1050 adapter housing might be used in its place (part no. 11006; $17.75) since you have a case feed adapter for a Super 1050 in .223.

I can measure and compare the two and I might just to put this to rest for myself, but my offer still stands since I don't need my case feed adapter.