Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what to work on next?

Dewberry

I just shot a major 3 gun match (texas multigun) and did pretty well (top 20% with strong competition). Going through the match I had the mind set of I'm going to make sure I get all my hits and don't go so fast that I miss anything or mess and that's exactly what I did. I only missed 2 targets at 500 yards (I only had 55 grain ammo) and one target that I just had a brain fart on. Some of the steel it took me several shot to hit with pistol. But I would say at least half of steel was one shot.

I feel confident in my accuracy and want to start pushing my shooting speed faster. I'm in college so ammo money is very tight. My plan is to just go as fast as I safely can at some local matches over the next couple months and see how fast I can push before it starts to hurt my accuracy.

To the question. Would I be better to skip local matches and use the ammo for more of a practice session? Any suggestions to improve speed? Am I missing anything. I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for the help guys.