Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shout out to Springer Precision

tambarika

I compete with a 9mm XDM (and 5 other XD products). The first thing I do when I get a gun ready for competition is replace the mag springs with Wolff springs. Factory mag springs are extremely weak and unreliable. Unfortunately, Wolff does not manufacture XDM hi-cap mag springs.

I did however find that Springer Precision sells something quite similar -- and they are excellent. My stock springs had begun to fatigue and I have been experiencing feeding issues the last match or two.

These new springs are well made and have much more 'spring' in them than the stockers.

Kudos to Springer....

My first batch of factory XDm 9mm mag springs lasted for about a year of competition use, which in this case was probably ~12,000 rds between 7 mags in USPSA and IDPA. At some point my gun went from being 100% reliable to having what looked like a double feed malfunction about every 100-200 rds. I only saw it in matches, and my first response was always to clear it and finish the stage, so I never stopped and looked at it thoroughly. After making sure the extractor was fine, I replaced the mag springs, since they were somewhat compressed anyway, and the problem disappeared. Now I'm a little paranoid about keeping them fresh, but it's cheap insurance in the grand scheme of things.