Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmae barrel and mount specific questions

JoeyMac

I'm interested in my first open gun. I have guns for SS & Lim-10, but nothing in Open. At this time I'm considereing a Czechmate because I know if I get a 2011 it'll probably end up being an SVI, cost 2X as much and take 12-18 months - haha. Plus I can swap the sights & comp on the CZ CM and shoot Limited if I really want to. I've been searching around for the answers to a few specific Czechmate questions without much luck so I decided to ask here. I've never seen a czechmate in person, don't know anyone that has one, and won't even have the chance to try and see one for about 6 more months.

What is the thread pitch on the factory supplied barrels?

What is the length of the barrel that extends beyond the slide?

Is the DAA Quinn III 90-degree Tanfoglio mount a direct drop-in replacement for the factory mount?

From what I've seen and read online it looks like the czechmate frame might have some kind of milling for the installed mount.

Any help, suggestions or photos would be a big help.

Edited by JoeyMac

Joey,

The thread pitch of the factory barrel is M14x1, the barrel extends ~.5" past the slide (it's actually 5.1" not 5.4" as advertised by CZ USA) and the bolt pattern is different from Tanfoglio, Matt Cheely is the only one I'm aware of how makes a replacement mount do the CM.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll check out the Cheely options. I'm still in the planning phase so I'm more or less just kind of looking at all my options.

I guess while a thread open about the CM... are there any good smiths that do work on CZ/Tanfoglio open-guns?

Edited by JoeyMac