Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a good load for G35 40cal

primo86gt

I will be using 180 rnfp Xtreme bullets, I already load 5.1gr of win 231 and it shoots pretty good out of my G23 but it seems like it has more kick out of the G35, scratching my head, maybe powder speed is not a good match for the longer barrell.. I may start shooting local match and would like to make major PF

, I have Clays , 700X, 800X, win 231, HP38 and a couple of others, Ive been Loading on a Dillon 650 since 1992 and just started loading on a SL900 for my sporting clays habit.

Edited by primo86gt

• 2 weeks later...

I will be using 180 rnfp Xtreme bullets, I already load 5.1gr of win 231 and it shoots pretty good out of my G23 but it seems like it has more kick out of the G35, scratching my head, maybe powder speed is not a good match for the longer barrell.. I may start shooting local match and would like to make major PF

, I have Clays , 700X, 800X, win 231, HP38 and a couple of others, Ive been Loading on a Dillon 650 since 1992 and just started loading on a SL900 for my sporting clays habit.

I do not use any of those same powders you use but I do see the same results with the powders I use. I also have a G23 and a G35. If I work up a load for the G23 and get it where I want it. The action/behavior is slightly more harsh out of the G35 with that same load. I think it has to do with the longer barrel, not your powder. I think anyway.

FYI, i've only used BlueDot, IMR-PB and IMR SR4756 under sever different bullet wieghts. The heavier the bullet the better in my experience.

I was using 4.6gr of N320 and a 180gr plated projectile at "max" (essentially just longer than factory) length to make major out of the (my) factory G35 barrel. Shoots soft and nice, even better at minor loads, it's soft as a baby's ass.

I was using 4.6gr of N320 and a 180gr plated projectile at "max" (essentially just longer than factory) length to make major out of the (my) factory G35 barrel. Shoots soft and nice, even better at minor loads, it's soft as a baby's ass.

I have seen this load recommended several times