Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Facing Downrange

GeneralChang

Interesting. We do need to have a definition of uprange and downrange.

Maybe we do but, until we do, I trust you can now see that gamers can have some pretty extreme interpretations of expressions which you and I understand to mean one thing, and one thing only. If you tell me to stand facing uprange, you can bet your sweet bippy that I'll adopt the generally accepted orientation, which is to have the entire front of my body and my head facing uprange.

I also suspect that if the WSB merely says "Gun on table" then you, like me, would automatically lay the gun on it's side. Apart from the potential safety issues of having a loaded gun propped on it's muzzle and magazine well, I'm guessing that you, like me, understand the spirit of the WSB, without the need to have the WSB written by a lawyer. And I also suspect that you, like me, don't need a WSB written by a forensic pathologist to explain that "fingers intertwined" means "all the way" (not just the tips of the fingers).

I've never yet encountered a competitor who has argued my "guidance" about what is, and what is not, acceptable in order for him to comply with a WSB, and I certainly hope I don't encounter one in the future. If competitors want to impress me, they need to get a high hit factor on my stage, not argue the meaning of "is".

OK, who wants to use the soapbox now?

OK, who wants to use the soapbox now?

It's not strong enough for me, so I'll skip this round. Thanx

My comment from the sideline though - as RO I have often told shooters to assume the posi I have demonstrated during the briefing, even when that posi is anywhere inside a 15m² area with hands relaxed at side. If it looks like your arm will not swing in a breeze I will ask you to please assume the stated posi.... <_<