Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going back after a 1050 ?

The guy that makes the rotary conversions for the 1050 had a buddy(I think the guy is on here) that had a Camdex(same guy that had him design the rotary conversion). The guy that builds the rotary conversion said the Camdex was awesome when it worked, but they spent so much time messing with it that the 1050 with rotary drive, although slower, was consistent in its ammo production and could make more ammo because it just didnt break down as easily as the Camdex. I think you can get a sprocket for the rotary drive to turn it up to 1500. It comes at 1200, I turned mine down to 1000 for brass prep(gives a clean cut vs. leaving scrap on the case mouth), but I think in his chart he gives you the correct sprocket tooth count to go up as well.

Can the Mr. Bullet Feeder keep up at 1500 rounds an hour? I would think it shouldnt necessarily have a limit, but it might.

One of the videos on the Mr Bullet Feeder showed a feed rate of 6k/hr. So yeah, it'll keep up.

This is about as fast as I have run a 1050 just prepping brass.

click to play the video

th_VID_20130629_165943_746_zps1fffb858.j

6k/hr would make me get bug eyes.

The KISS collator design would keep up though

Holy crap. Whats that running at? 1800+? And thats Craigs rotary drive? The motor seems to be running faster than I think mine runs, but maybe you have a different rear sprocket as well.

Holy crap. Whats that running at? 1800+? And thats Craigs rotary drive? The motor seems to be running faster than I think mine runs, but maybe you have a different rear sprocket as well.

It's running around 4400/hr, that's about the limit of feeding cases reliably on the 1050.

That one uses a 3 ph motor controlled by a VFD so the speed can be changed.

This is loading speed.

th_VID_20130703_140146_826_zps2548893d.j