Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore and IDPA

ZackJones

I'm know how to use Practiscore for USPSA and Steel Challenge but I've never explored the IDPA capabilities. I know our club is looking to expand electronic scoring as widely as possible. For those of you that use Practiscore for IDPA are there any gotchas or issues I should be aware of before I start working with the IDPA MD on using Practiscore? I don't shoot IDPA so I wouldn't know if something wasn't right just from looking at the screens/reports. Thanks in advance for any hints/tips/advice you can pass along.

It is fairly commonly used, and endorsed by the person who developed the original desktop scoring program.

The only issue I've recall being reported of any note is a reporting format issue where we aren't showing a points down summary as is often done. I'm not in a position to check, and I can't remember if that got changed or not. But it will be cleaned up in our next round of reporting changes.

There are two ways to do IDPA... one is as an IDPA match type. The other is as a time-plus match type with penalties configured as IDPA has them. This also is how you do Horner Scoring and other time-plus variants.

Regards,

Ken N.