Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caliber conversion for 7.92x33 kurz

BTucker

I'm looking to start reloading 7.92mm x 33 kurz. Does anyone know what the correct caliber conversion kit for the Dillon 550 would be for this cartridge? From what little info I can find on other manufacturers' shell holders it looks like it would be the same as the 8mm Mauser, but I'm hoping someone here has reloaded this cartridge on a Dillon and can confirm this. (I would also assume the powder funnel would be the same as the 8mm Mauser because they have the same nexk dimensions.)

Call Dillon they will give you the part numbers. You are correct that the shell plate and pins will be the same as for 8X57 Mauser.

The 8X57 powder funnel will not work due to its length. You will receive a 7.62X39 powder funnel that you will have to modify the neck area to use with the Kurz cases. Dillon can provide the information for that modification. I have used this with a 550B and a 650, works fine.

If you have any problems feel free to contact me via PM.

You may want to check out machinegunboards.com for additional information, that site is much more in tune with reloading for full autos than this one.

Edited by retarmyaviator