Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teaching Kids

Duane Thomas

A few days ago I taught basic gun safety and marksmanship to a lady lawyer who's been receiving death threats (I don't know what it is, this is my second "lawyer receiving death threats" student in a week - what, did they take out an ad in the LRDT Journal, "Train with Duane Thomas"?) and, get this, her 9-year old son.

Frankly, I didn't hold out much hope for the 9-year old. The youngest I've put through a full shooting class before was 14. But by the end of the class the mother was, literally, putting five rounds through one ragged hole at 5 yards with a Kahr K9, and the kid was doing about three inches. Good genes there, I guess.

After he fired his first, great group with the K9, the kid said to me, "Can I do that again?" I said, "I don't know, Mom, can he do that again?" "Oh, sure." "Well then, I guess you can do that again." Same gun, same ammo, same great group. ROCKIN'!

Duane, this is great!  I don't know which one makes me happier, the lawyer or the kid, but I'm glad you're out there passing on the gift of freedom.    

I suppose this particular counselor came to the realization that the true definition of a "frivolous lawsuit" is the one that is filed posthumously by your heirs.  :)