Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So many things to like this week

Nik Habicht

I'm having a good week.  I joined an outdoor range a couple of weeks ago and managed to have my first two practice sessions this week.  What a difference to be able to set up in your own pit!  To practice shooting on the move and at angles instead of straight ahead.  And it's amazing how much easier it is to see the sights when you're not on a dingy indoor range.  Not to mention fresh air ---- although a little of that can go a long way!  My targets never got blown over on an indoor range.

Then today I shot a really good steel match ---- good for me.  For starters, the ammo and gun played well together and with me, that's been my major obstacle at steel so far.  Then I shot a very smooth and consistent match, only had to take maybe four or five make-up shots in the entire match.  My worst run was usually just a second or two slower than my other runs on any one stage.  That was a cool feeling!

After the steel match was over we started to build the stages for the Area 8 Production match.  That means that Friday is almost here ---- can hardly wait.  From what I saw of the first four stages or so, this'll be a fun match!