Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$28 bullet feeder (potential case feeder as well?)

post-49551-0-00732500-1382103965_thumb.jclick to enlarge pic

I just use an RCBS bullet feeder die and made my own "magazines" to hold bullets and cases. I have to rotate the magazines by hand but I don't find that to be a problem. All told I only have about $100 invested.

Just a note, most bullet feed dies do not like an excessively large stack of bullets....

To the OP, Tony is cheating, the 650 already comes from the factory with the case feeder installed on the base machine. The part you have to buy from Dillon is actually just a collator (or case feed, feeder).

With the LNL you don't get any part of the case feed system with the base machine.

This is one reason why the LNL costs less than a 650 but to add "casefeed" to the 650 costs less than the LNL.

To the OP, Tony is cheating, the 650 already comes from the factory with the case feeder installed on the base machine. The part you have to buy from Dillon is actually just a collator (or case feed, feeder).

With the LNL you don't get any part of the case feed system with the base machine.

This is one reason why the LNL costs less than a 650 but to add "casefeed" to the 650 costs less than the LNL.

But its a good cheat... Yes my 650 has all the mechanicals to feed cases but what it doesn't come with is a way to feed lots of cases to the case feeder, hence the simple "magazine" that I made that holds 150 cases compared to the 20 that the stock tube holds and not including the electric case collater (that I didn't get) that automatically feeds the press.

One thing that kept me from wanting the electric collater is the noise it makes. A buddy has one and I can't say I find the tumbling cases too appealing in the noise dept. But just depends on how much you plan on loading. I like to load enough at a sitting that gives me a bit extra for a good training day or match. My old school manual set up works perfect for me, others may want more capacity