Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helping new shooter

Jon Merricks

Even though I'm new to IPSC myself I got to help out a new shooter at a match saturday.  He is a IDPA shooter and came to our match to shoot L-10 but only like two spare mags and holders.  I shot limited so I took one of my holders off and let him borrow it.  Another guy let him borrow a mag. If you helped a new shooter lately give it a shot. Makes you feel good.  :)  Man there are a bunch of great people in this sport.

• 2 weeks later...

IPSC shooters are the friendliest shooters out there.

I have let people borrow my $3,000 + open pistol and ammo to get a classifier in (people did the same for me when I was starting out.  Thanks Mike and Kenlie).

I have been lent pistols and ammo to shoot at specialty matches.  Thanks Howard, Dave, and Vic!

I was given hundreds of dollars in parts when i had my new racegun built.  Thanks Jeff and Chuck.

When I was dirt poor I was invited along on road trips with free hotel stays. Thanks Jeff, Sep, Doc, and Ferdie

I have forgot mags and people offerred to let me borrow them when I would not ask.  I have ran out of ammo (damn steel) and people lent me some rounds.

I have given a few pounds of powder away when people have wanted to try differrent loads and had the same done for me.

The biggest reason for me shooting this sport is not for the prizes.  Lets face it. 99% of us put out more than we will recieve in any prizes won.  I do it for the enjoyment I recieve from shooting the sport and the comoraderie (sp?) and friendship of some of the greatest people I have ever met and that I will ever know.

Brian

(Edited by BBoyle at 1:35 am on July 23, 2002)

For helping me get my para running great,  coaching me through matches,  offering to loan me anything ( including his new bike!!!) anytime I needed it,  helping me set up my press and showing me how to make it run smooth and being a master shooter I can call anytime I have a question,  Thanks Larry.

For getting me started in this crazy sport,  pushing me along when I slowed down as usual,  being the creative talent behind my range,  hauling me to matches,  telling me 'it looked good'  when it sucked and being a general pain in the ass FRIEND for almost twenty years,  Thanks Tom.

I haven't got the opportunity to 'pay it forward'  much yet,  but my day will come.

Tonite I showed a lady at our weekly pin shoot how to hold the trigger back and then let it forward just enough to reset...her gratitude was immense, and so were the warm fuzzies.

I've met flex in person a handful of times and I've got his shotgun in my reloading room right now, just cuz he wanted me to buy the right one....

My good buddy Vern insisted I shoot his race gun at the pins just to see how I'd do...

I'm goin' to email the guy who beats me at pins my 9mm minor load spreadsheet so he can try to beat me in production...

no doubt. Shooters are good people.

SA