Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harvey Arnold - RIP

Ken Kwiat

I wanted the USPSA community to know of this news from Colorado.

Harvey Arnold passed away last Friday.

I received this note earlier today from one of Harv's friends:

With great sadness I want to share that Harv Arnold died on Friday night, August 2 at Boulder Community Hospital. He fell at home, developed pneumonia and had a bleeding perforated ulcer that no one knew about. He was too weak for surgery.

His old friend Steve was with him much of the day Friday at the hospital and even when Harv couldn't talk he did know he was dying. He acknowledged that much.

The Steve referred to is one of our long time competitors as well, Steve Hulet. I am comforted to know that Steve was there in Harvey's final hours.

And thanks to Bill Burkard for providing the below details of arrangements.

Celebration of Life: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Ahlberg Funeral Chapel

326 Terry Street

Longmont, Colorado

Online you can share memories and photos athttp://greenwoodmyersfuneral.com/book-of-memories/1643626/Arnold-Harvey/index.php.

Steve Hulet’s wife, Ann, would like to contribute to the memories by putting together a photo collage/slide show for the service and would appreciate if you have any photos you’d like to share if you would forward them by email to Jenn Cetlinski atjcetlinski@huletcpa.com.

I know of few others in our sport where USPSA/IPSC meant so much. For 20+ years (to my knowledge), USPSA was a centerpiece of Harvey's life. And, he gave back to our sport and made many friends across the country.

I am sure others have more remembrances to share.

RIP, Harv.

I was shocked to hear this, though I had not seen Harvey in a long time (he had to stop shooting due to illness) I still remember him as being a regular at every club match in Colorado for years. He loved guns, cars and motorbikes and he was one of the most unique characters that I have ever met.