Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred secondary/offset sights? (JP offset sight system)

Notlongago

Running a 1-4x primary optic and trying to settle Ina secondary set of sights on the offset. I'm intrigued by the JP sight system. Any opinions or experience?

I like the ability to change out the colors and rear sight on the JP. I am also considering the XS offset sights. I have heard some people can't get a good sight picture with them, but I'd have to try it out.

Edited by Notlongago

The JP was too short for me so I got rid of it. It was a pistol lenth sight radius that I felt was too slow. I have the Dueck RTS's on my rifle now and I like them. I only use them if I have hoser targets on the way to a long range array so I can leave my scope dialed up all the way. If you can just use your 1x power on the scope it is faster than irons.

I use the JP Short Range sights at 45deg offset with a 2-8x scope. At the end of a rifle length tube its very much like pistol sights, i.e. just fine for fast 0-30 yard shots.

I've not tried them for shots past 50 yards, so... I can't comment on suitability as BUIS useable at longer ranges.