Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need thin-ringed throw lever for Vortex PST 1-4x

michael1778

Greetings,

My Vortex Viper PST 1-4x (MOA, capped) is in a Warne RAMP mount with an offset mounted Burris FastFire III to the right side. There is not enough clearance for the Vortex branded switchview throw lever I own. It fits the scope well because it's the "right" one from Vortex. My problem is that the attachment points for the two halves of the throw lever ring are too fat to clear the gap between the scope and the offset FastFire sight.

I need something that is a skinny ring all around. Are there any rings like that out there? I've been trying to search online and have not seen anything definitive.

I have other use for the Vortex switchview on another PST scope with a different mount. I figured a new lever is much cheaper than a new scope mount.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by michael1778

There is also some "break-away" levers some guys use. I can't remember the site that has them but they were inexpensive and thin, they looked like cable ties.

Also, one guy on here had some clearance problems with the offset sight and he turned the mount around and mounted the MRD up front so it gave him more clearance in the rear ...did I just say that?? :roflol:

Edited by gng4life

Check out the rings from 3gun Stuff.

My reply is now a complete edit/rewrite from before. New reply follows:

I was not going to the right web site before place before. I think I found the one I need in the Nightforce NXS sized one. Looks like this could save me the cost of a new mount. Thank you!!!!

Edited by michael1778

Updating to prevent anyone from making the mistake that I made in this. The Nightforce NXS ring is just a little bit to wide diameter for the PST 1-4x zoom ring. Doesn't work.

I will have to do a return with the distributor. Meanwhile, I have an email carefully describing the situation in to 3gunstuff. I am eager to read their reply. It's a very nice ring and I will be looking at theirs for any other needs in the future.

The one I purchased that is too big looks and feels like an excellent product. Unfortunately, Chris got back to me today to say that only the Universal version would fit the PST 1-4. They don't have anything else in their product line. Case closed.

Edited by michael1778