Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting For Match Results, and Awards

TriggerT

Shot the IL sections yesterday. The shooting part of the match was GREAT! Good stages, nothing real hard, but lots of stages that could be shot several ways. I believe there were 9 squads, and we shot 9 stages in right around 4 hours. Really smooth, mostly good RO's (Wait till Jake D. post's in the Hate area for more on the Mostly qualifier) and friendly people.

Anyway, we finished shooting at 12:30. So I figured we would have lunch then either have the shoot off side match and awards, or those two events in reverse order, and we could get an early start on the ride home. I will make a very long and frustrating story short, by saying we finially left the range at 5:00. Sorry, but when it takes longer for the results and awards from a match, than it does to shoot it, I loose my cool.

One more thing, while I can kind of understand a club allowing smoking in their club house, I just DO NOT GET that they allow drinking in any way there. I know many people will disagree with me, but this just seems like asking for trouble to me.

The slow burn is still flaming up now and then as I think about it. :angry:

One more thing, while I can kind of understand a club allowing smoking in their club house, I just DO NOT GET that they allow drinking in any way there. I know many people will disagree with me, but this just seems like asking for trouble to me.

TriggerT,

I most definately agree with you. I stopped shooting an archery league at the local sportsmans club, because of the drinkers. I just got tired of hugging the back wall when I wasn't at the line.

They sold beer during the shoot. :angry: I have no problem with having a cold one. I absolutely positive it's safer and more appropriate to have them after the weapons are put away and locked up.

I'd definately be rethinking about my desire to shoot at that particular club. My $.02.

Ray

• 10 months later...
Hell, I am all for have a drink after a shoot. BUT, in this day and age, I feel that a shooting club serving any kind of booze is just asking for trouble.

That is easy to say when your club does not have a $15,000 annual property tax bill; dues at the high end of what the market will bear; and can barely manage to break even while running a bar as a separate revenue enterprise.

There are liquor liability policies designed specifically for establishments which serve alcohol, and these are available to gun clubs with liquor licenses.

9 squads with 9 stages would be alot of data to be entered. Some folks do not realize how much. There could be numerous reasons as to why it took so long.

I took care of the Ohio Sections Scoring and I have to say, I think we did rather well. We had a pretty good system going and most of the time we were actually waiting on score sheets to come to us. I wasnt really timing, but Im pretty sure we had the scores for 170 shooters up within 10 minutes of last shot or so. Everyone there did an excellent job.

As for the beer thing, I agree. I for one love my beer, but its best to consume it elsewhere in my opinion.