Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

V Notch Rear Sight

rwmagnus

I have it as it came from the factory with a Hi Viz front on my 325PD.  I found it a little hard to get used to at first but I really like it now.

Only draw back is I have night sights on everything else and none with this one.

Regards,

Okay check this out:

http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/...meprolight.html

I've thought about trying this MeproLight for my 625. They have both styles available ( insert and pinned). Page 11 is the pinned version as in 625 but no picture is available.

My problem is I've been shooting the revolver so much I'm now use to the gold dot up front and the white outline in back. Like you all my other guns (read 1911's)have nightsights on them and when I go back to them the sights look very foreign.

If you like nightsights I'm sure there are other options for the S&W orund guns as well.

I've thought about trying this MeproLight for my 625. They have both styles available ( insert and pinned). Page 11 is the pinned version as in 625 but no picture is available.

If you like nightsights I'm sure there are other options for the S&W orund guns as well.

I have Meprolights on a 66, a 610, and my 625.

The 66 was to replace the red insert, the 610 and the 625 use the Weigand post. I had the 625 fitted with a Weigand base so I have the option of interchangeable fronts just like the 610.

The 325 PD is HiViz and seems to do what I want it to when using a light.

Thanks for the link but look at this too ;)

http://www.jackweigand.com/interfs.html

For some reason the 250 height is discontinued and that is what I use on my 610. Hope it never goes dead.

Regards,

RGS,

Yes I'm familiar with the Weigland sight conversion and seriously considered it at one point. Too bad their trijicon sights are discontinued. I had inquired about them back around the begining of the year.

I do think this is a good sight system just not convienced I need to change the sights frequently. I shoot a gold bead and it's about the best going in a variety of lighting conditions.

Ahhhhhhhhh the 325PD one of my favorites. Don't own one yet but it's on the short list. Don't think I've been good enough this year for Santa to have an extra for me but soon it will be in the stable.

• 2 weeks later...

...have a "Hi-Viz" front and V-notch rear on a 325"PD" and a 386"SC"...jury is still out...the setup is reasonably fast, but I'm not sure it is as PRECISE as a conventional "Post and Notch" arrangement....FWIW....mikey357

Hey RGS - when'd you get the 325? You've been holding out on me....

I tried but could not get used to the V-notch sight. I could not get the precision out of it I enjoy with the traditional sight. It was so different from all my other sights it was awkward.

I have found the best tritium combination on revolvers to be the Meprolight rears and the XS standard dot front. I have that set up on my carry guns - a 4" 66 and a 3" 66 and use it in about 30% of my IDPA matches. I found the Meprolight front insert too small to pick up quickly. The XS stabdatd dot is easy to distinguis agains the Meprolight tritium rears. Like others, I think the best overall sight is the gold bead/McGivern front and the white outline rear.

Having said that, I will probably shoot the S&W WinterChampoinshiops with my 19-2 using a Hi-Viz front and white outline rear. I have found it to be the fastest set-up, with the Gold bead and tritium set up tied for a close second in "normal" light conditions.

Now, RGS, tell me about this 325...

Hey RGS - when'd you get the 325? You've been holding out on me....

I tried but could not get used to the V-notch sight. I could not get the precision out of it I enjoy with the traditional sight. It was so different from all my other sights it was awkward.

I have found the best tritium combination on revolvers to be the Meprolight rears and the XS standard dot front. I have that set up on my carry guns - a 4" 66 and a 3" 66 and use it in about 30% of my IDPA matches. I found the Meprolight front insert too small to pick up quickly. The XS stabdatd dot is easy to distinguis agains the Meprolight tritium rears. Like others, I think the best overall sight is the gold bead/McGivern front and the white outline rear.

Having said that, I will probably shoot the S&W WinterChampoinshiops with my 19-2 using a Hi-Viz front and white outline rear. I have found it to be the fastest set-up, with the Gold bead and tritium set up tied for a close second in "normal" light conditions.

Now, RGS, tell me about this 325...

If I get into the S&W match I'd sure like to see your sight set up. Been toying with the idea of night sights on my 625's. Not really convienenced it's necessary because they are IDPA and ICORE guns, not CCW. Rarely shoot night matches and the gold bead white outline combo work pretty well in most conditions.

I hope you get in - I'll happily show you the 66s. I'm an SO so I'll be there every day.

We run lowlight/flashlight IDPA matches fairly often at S&W (one tomorrow as a matter of fact) so the tritiums come in handy for many reasons.

Good Luck and see you in Springfield

If I get into the S&W match I'd sure like to see your sight set up. Been toying with the idea of night sights on my 625's. Not really convienenced it's necessary because they are IDPA and ICORE guns, not CCW. Rarely shoot night matches and the gold bead white outline combo work pretty well in most conditions.

If you get in, we can arrange a meet there also. I can show you the Meprolights I use.

I never could get used to those XO sights. I had them and got rid of them.

See you in Springfield,

BTW Bones have you moved up or are we now shooting the same class??;)