Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge .45 mags

turjake

Hello all,

new member here.

I just got a good deal on an STI Edge 45 and I'm now wondering about magazines.

The gun came with 1 mag only (holds 12). I need some more, and I was hoping folks over here might know what is the best setup for IPSC Limited.

These should probably be with the 126mm tube, but what spring/follower/pad combo gives max capacity? (must fit in IPSC box).

I looked at faq's but failed to find previous discussions.

Thanks

turjake

Hello,

yes, from Finland.

Tzygä might be the guy who got me into this Edge thing in the first place..???

Or then my nick was the clue? if he's seen me...

I got tired of shooting my old single stack, especially the short courses were a bit frustrating with 9 shots required. Last time I was in a competition there were 9-shot stages with a chamber-empty start, and even before LAMR I knew I would be screwed.... nothing wrong with the single stack itself but it is not really compatible with current stage design. And its also a good excuse to get a new toy!

I had a SV .45 for a long time and found the SV mag tube to be much better than the STI. I guess you would be stuck with the 126 mm tubes. Someone makes a +1 pad for the IPSC box, maybe Dawson? Try his web page. I also like the red Arrendando followers and his mag springs. Also we have a couple of members who will tune mags for capcity and performance: Triangle Shooting Sports and Grams. Both those guys are outstanding. Try a serch also, I am sure there will be several good threads. Nate

I really loved my SV .45 and sold it to by my .40. After reading this thread I am going to call the guy I sold it to and see if he wants to sell it back. I always shot lead and it was very smokey but very soft. I could get 16 in a couple of mags (140mm). I was thinking it might make a super L10 gun.