Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S1050 Indexes Too Far (Now With Video)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/21/2013 at 1:55 PM, dan46n2 said:

Success!!! Finally I got it to work. So I tried to tighten the lockring more and more, and it was obvious it was too tight but it did help the problem a little. Well I found that set screw at the back left side of the press, its hidden by one of the locator tab pins and adjusted it to have the screw go deeper to the middle of the press and the problem went away. I loosened up the lock ring to the factory setting of 1/8 turn before full tightness and it works perfect. I can go as fast as I want and it won't over index. Thanks for the help guys!

i have a brand new s1050, and was having this exact same issue. did not matter how i worked the handle , the press did not index correctly. adjusting the screw under the locator tab fixed it. would be very nice if dillon either discussed adjustments in the manual, or actually set them up correctly out of the box. very happy to have found this post!!!

i have a brand new s1050, and was having this exact same issue. did not matter how i worked the handle , the press did not index correctly. adjusting the screw under the locator tab fixed it. would be very nice if dillon either discussed adjustments in the manual, or actually set them up correctly out of the box. very happy to have found this post!!!

Now if the pictures in this thread would show up, and the links would work. :/

Edited by Phlier

22 minutes ago, Phlier said:

Now if the pictures in this thread would show up, and the links would work. :/

the vid and links are now working for me (would have been nice to see them when i was searching LOL). they were not previously, but try again.