Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Your Call

de03x7

Ok, did the designer say that all of the swingers are supposed to activate at once upon opening the door? If so, how was that not caught during the setup and testing??? I design and setup stages every month and I go through (almost) every possible scenario I can think of when it comes to activated targets, too many things can happen.

The other thing to think about is the WSB just says to proceed through the door and engage the targets, did it ever say that all activators must be activated before engaging? At a level I match, you can have targets engaged before activated or you can specify they can't be engaged and the WSB didn't say anything about it. Just playing devils advocate here...

There was nothing in the WSB about activating the swingers. The designer assumed that going through the door would do it. My opnion is if anyone has room to complain it would be the people who shot after the cable was twisted because they didn't have the chance to go in and not start the swingers. The early shooters had the option but by busting through the door they caused everything to start moving before they shot.

I am sure that the stage designer will learn from this and try to prevent it in the future. If the WSB had said open door to activate swingers then engage targets it would have been a reshoot without question. The swinging shoot targets would not have been available if that swinger failed to activate.