Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gear for production

Unleashed

Well, I am throwing my hat into the production ring. I just have a couple of rule specific questions that aren't in the new rule book (at least not by my interpretation). The book says the grips can be replaced as long as they are the same OFM profile. Does this mean that I can use "Burner grips" on my Beretta or do I have to stick with grip-tape? And the other question....can I change the guide rod to an all steel version? This seems like it would be an internal modification, however, you can see the guide rod when the slide is back.....so, I don't know what to make of it. Thanks for the help.

Edwin

Burner grips used to be made from stock grips, them covered, I don't know if that would be legal or considered a modification, I think they are legal in IDPA but anybody's guess for USPSA. Since it's a Beretta and Beretta is not a sponser the ruling would probably go against us. :D

Ths guide rod is legal, as long as the gun does not exceed 2 oz over factory. With that you can actually use tungsten, as it is 63 grams, minus the weight of the original, keeps you under the 2 oz.

You can have a full trigger job, just not a speed bump. That would be considered an unfair advantage over a (for some reason?) Production legal single action XD. :P MMmm, just how do they fire that first shot DA?? :D