Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clays loads

Zoomy

FYI........

I found my Clays load (with WW pistol primers) after working it up. I loaded up to it in two tenths increments (ten rounds each) until I reached the desired power factor/velocity. I measured each powder charge by hand. Then each time I fired I had a friend look at each casing to see how it looked (different set of eyes) and chronographed at the same time. I used two different chronographs too. I also polished the interior of my powder bar and placed a weight (1 1/2" pvc pipe about a foot long with a cap) inside the powder measure on top of the powder. This was for constant pressure and a more consistent throw. I then loaded 100 rounds weighing the powder every tenth round or so. I chrono'ed ten at random. All was good. Most of the brass I use are once fired. I use an EGW undersized die. I weighed the bullets too (183 gn average). Then I went for accuracy.

This was in MY gun which has the barrel throated a bit for longer rounds (1.20) and lead bullets.

9mm & Clays.......I gave up......not accurate at all in my CZ. I use Universal Clays though.

Good Luck!!

Edited by oddjob

• 2 months later...