Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Deep Primer Strikes

cws357

I have a G35 with a LWD 9mm conversion barrel that I just shot 50ish rnds of my reloads thru, just got it back from LWD after I had them ream the chamber to Glock OEM specs. The loads were 147gr Bayou bullet over 3.1gr N320, and 124gr Bayou Bullet over 4.0grs. I noticed about 60% of the primers were flat, and of those a good deal of them had what I thought were deeper than normal primer strikes. I have a Vanek classic trigger in my G35, I did shoot 10 of my 40 rnds compare primer strikes, the 40s looked normal. Help would be appreciated. 20130420142229.jpg

I have shot thousands of federal sm and lrg primers, I know federal are the "softest" primers, Vanek suggests Federals with his triggers. Most shot thru my G35 with OEM barrel. No issue with deep strikes. All be it a 40 vs 9mm, and different loads. I know the longer and different barrel, G19 OEM vs G35 conversion barrel to 9mm will have different PF's and velocities. I guess I wondering if any ones else shoots 147gr Bayou bullets with N320 and if their brass looks like mine did???

Edited by cws357