Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P pro trigger binds with new striker

reichebrown

My striker finally broke in my M&P pro series 9mm. I swapped out another striker from a regular M&P. The old striker gave me a relatively smooth take up with a somewhat mushy factory break. With the new sear the trigger binds up about 1/3 of the way through take up. I can pull through the bind and get the same break I had before. I feel like it might be the striker block binding up when it is depressed. The SB is bone stock with no modifications. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

I have a new sticker on the way from S&W so hopefully that might solve the problem...

Is your old striker black and the new one silver? If so, I believe you need new striker spring keeper and striker guide. If you're replacing silver one with silver one and/or are replacing the whole assembly, please disregard this.

Only other suggestion I can think is to look into the striker channel to see if there is anything obstructing. I once found a cotton from the q-tip the owner used to clean the striker channel which was causing misfire.

I just took the gun appart and cleaned the striker channel. While I was in there I noticed the Striker Block seems to be the thing that is binding. I took that out and gave it and the area it goes in a good cleaning. The trigger feels better as a result thanks!