Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo stock 2/3 hollow point or round nose

pharoh

I tried searching but could not find anything, to all the tanfo stock 2/3 small frame owners: in your experience have any of you had issues running 124gr hollow points in these tanfo's?

I tried a few this weekend (25 rounds I reloaded) with no issue, but I had to load my ammo really short (with the hollow points) set at 1.075 oal under 3.8gr-3.9gr of n320 (running at 1060fps, very minor pressure signs using federal spp). I've never loaded such short ammo before and for the little bit I did load, I didn't have any malfunctions. But again that was only 25 rounds,

Should I stick with round nose to accommodate longer oal, or would I be safe in using the hollow points with this oal? The accuracy with the hollow points was pretty nice at 15 yards compared to the round nose + the lower powder charges save on my n320 :goof:

What do you think ??

seems very short to me, but perhaps try some different brand of HP bullets, because HP profiles vary alot the OAL you need will change alot as well. its not a HP but campro 147 TC bullets worked just fine in a stock II at 1.16

I'm not into reloading, so measuring OAL is beyond my scope of concern, but what do you guys think about factory JHP through a Stock 3? I'll be majorly bummed if you couldn't rely on a Stock 3 to reliably function with factory self defense ammo.