Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help - Chrony Master Beta Telephone Cable

I pulled out the Chrony chronograph this afternoon from its hiding place and realized that last fall, in my infinite wisdom, decided to store the telephone cable and diffusers in an undisclosed location.

The diffusers I can do without. But the telephone cable that connects the sensor housing to the LCD monitor box are a necessity to get her to run.

Does anyone know the wiring order so I can build a replacement? An e-mail to Chrony has been sent but they are probably busy like everyone else and it may be a while before I hear back.

The standard telephone extension has the wires in the following order on each end: Black, Red, Green, Yellow

Thanks.

Bill

Update: I did hear back from ShootingChrony. "You can order a replacement for $8.95 plus S&H. We do not supply the information you requested."

Yup, thanks.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Looking at mine, it looks like it's just a straight reversal of the plugs.

Regards,

Hugh

Thanks Hugh.

Looking at the Chrony it also appears to require a six wire connector and not the usual four wire phone connector.

Found something in the Radio Shack catalog that I will give a try. Its straight through (1:1) wired. At least its a start.

On your cable, exactly how are they wired?

Is on one connector the wires ordered white, black, red, green, yellow then blue and the other plug ordered blue, yellow, green, red, black and then white? (This is 1:1 or straight through.)

Or are both plugs wired in the same order?

Actually, they may use different colors so I guess a better way to ask is the color of the 1st wire on each plug the same color or is the 1st wire on one plug the same color as the last wire on the 2nd plug?

Thank you for your time sir.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Bill.

It is six wire cable. On the cable itself there is a little ridge on one side of it. One of the plugs is installed with the plug clip on the same side of the ridge, the other with the plug clip on the opposite side. Hope this makes sense? If you were to lay the cable flat, one plug clip will face up, the other plug clip will face down. There is no internal cross over that I can see.

Regards,

Hugh

Bill.

It is six wire cable. On the cable itself there is a little ridge on one side of it. One of the plugs is installed with the plug clip on the same side of the ridge, the other with the plug clip on the opposite side. Hope this makes sense? If you were to lay the cable flat, one plug clip will face up, the other plug clip will face down. There is no internal cross over that I can see.

Regards,

Hugh

Very well explained Hugh. Your cable is a crossover cable. For me it means a standard Radio Shack cable will need the plug replaced on one end with the opposite pinning order.

Again, thank you for your help.

Bill

Bill.

Regards,

Hugh

Very well explained Hugh. Your cable is a crossover cable. For me it means a standard Radio Shack cable will need the plug replaced on one end with the opposite pinning order.

Again, thank you for your help.

Bill

Bill,

You're welcome. I hope it work okay for you.

Regards,

Hugh

• 2 months later...

I can tell you that an ordinary 6-wire phone cord purchased on the internet won't work. I have the same problem and just tried that. The remote controller stays in "on" state no matter where the switch is set and "Err" messages persist.

I guess I have to purchase the special cord from Chrony....

The six pin phone cord you purchased will work if you reverse the order of the wires on one of the pins. It requires you get access to the crimping tool (around $20) and a new pin (box of 10 is around $5).

Mine wired as indicated works great. The original "stock" phone cord behaved on my Chrony just like to does on yours.

Bill

Since I'm cheap (well known fact) instead of cutting off one end of the phone cord, I cut mine in half and added new plugs to each piece. Now I've got one I carry with the chrono and a backup cable in the event I manage to loose one again.

Thanks.

Bill