Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wooden H Target Stand Cart

For those of you who have wooden H stands for target stands and need something to transport them to and from your shooting bays from your storage building, here’s an idea I came up with...I built up four of these for our range in one evening.

I went to the local Harbor Freight (HF) store and picked up 4 each 51” hand trucks with pneumatic 10” wheels and rated for 600 pounds. HF item number is 95061. See pics.

With screws and from spare 2x4 lumber I cut to size and attached a riser platform to hold the H stands above the tires about an inch. Picked up some 1/16” flat aluminum at Lowes and bent it to fit (7 in – 13 in – 7 in). I attached the stick retainer (bent Aluminum pieces) with sheet metal screws. This acts as a lower target stick retainer when in use. I also drilled and attached an eyelet bolt on the die of the handle about 35 in above the wooden platform to allow quick disconnect of a bungee cord which will hold the target sticks on top after the H stands are loaded on the cart.

Each cart will hold 10 target stands and 20 target sticks. For match days, we roll them out, use them, then when the match is over and we all tear down the stages, the shooters load the carts, wrap the bungee to hold the sticks and stands, and roll them back to the shed for under cover storage. We leave them loaded until next match.

Hope it helps someone out there.

post-15700-0-20993100-1358256340_thumb.j

post-15700-0-57444300-1358256369_thumb.j

For those of you who have wooden H stands for target stands and need something to transport them to and from your shooting bays from your storage building, here’s an idea I came up with...I built up four of these for our range in one evening.

I went to the local Harbor Freight (HF) store and picked up 4 each 51” hand trucks with pneumatic 10” wheels and rated for 600 pounds. HF item number is 95061. See pics.

With screws and from spare 2x4 lumber I cut to size and attached a riser platform to hold the H stands above the tires about an inch. Picked up some 1/16” flat aluminum at Lowes and bent it to fit (7 in – 13 in – 7 in). I attached the stick retainer (bent Aluminum pieces) with sheet metal screws. This acts as a lower target stick retainer when in use. I also drilled and attached an eyelet bolt on the die of the handle about 35 in above the wooden platform to allow quick disconnect of a bungee cord which will hold the target sticks on top after the H stands are loaded on the cart.

Each cart will hold 10 target stands and 20 target sticks. For match days, we roll them out, use them, then when the match is over and we all tear down the stages, the shooters load the carts, wrap the bungee to hold the sticks and stands, and roll them back to the shed for under cover storage. We leave them loaded until next match.

Hope it helps someone out there.

Cheap and simple, nice :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Great idea and simple. Not too much material expense. We have shipping containers in the middle of our range that house all the props. This wil help transport the stuff we need to the bays.

Thanks,

BC