Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Vehicle and Traffic Stop

Chuck D

While working traffic detail I run across the following...

Young, rather stupid looking kid riding a dual sport motorcycle on Campus wearing no helmet.

I call him over to me and comment, " nice bike...by the way, where's your helmet?"

He replies, "I left it in my locker in the College."

I reply, "Better Park the bike behind my unmarked patrol car and go get your helmet."

He begins to do so and in the meantime...I notice the bike has no licence plates, inspection sticker or turn signals. Come to find out, he also has no license, registration, student parking permit or insurance.

I tell him to "get off the bike" and wait by it until a supervisor arrives (I'm still a "probational employee" and I need to turn over all "suspects" to a supervisor for processing).

Call for back-up...back up arrives...suspect makes feeble attempt to "run" by getting back on the bike and attempting to start it up again.

End result.....

4 V&T tickets issued by the College.

8 V&T tickets issued by the Town Police Department

Bike gets confiscated and towed away.

Suspect is "written up" and need to explain his actions to the Dean of Students.

I get an "atta boy" from the Brass. :)

One more "ignorant" motorist off the road.

Come to find out, this brainchild drove the bike from across town to the campus in this fashion. He was seen the day before w/o his helmet and plates but he "got away" by riding off Campus using the sidewalks and the wooded area around the College to excape.

I'm a frigin hero in the Squad Room. This Campus Police stuff is pretty cool. :lol: