Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing CZ TS rear sight and extractor.

hhsmiley

Just got my CZ TS and I'm doing a few modifications to it including refinishing the slide, which means I've got to totally strip it down. I can't seem to get the pin that holds the extractor in or the rear sight to budge.

Before I whack on it any more with punches and mess something up I thought I better check and see if there's any trick to this.

Also, just want to confirm which direction, if it matters, I should be drifting the sight.

Thanks.

Edited by hhsmiley

Well I got the extractor pin out at least . It comes out from top to bottom, driving the pin down from the top.

I'm afraid I'm going to ruin the sight or slide beating on the sight so I guess I'll have to take that to an actual gunsmith to have him remove it. I tried dowsing it with penetrating oil to no avail. I even tried an old trick I've used before, and heated the slide up in the oven thinking the metal might expand a little and allow the sight to be removed, but no joy.

With a the fairly large set screw holding the sight in place, it doesn't seem necessary to have the sight wedged into the dovetail so tight. Oh well.