Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

D&J 200 gr. with Power Pistol in 40S&W?

Weapon

While D&J is no longer in business, I recently found a large box of D&J 40 S&W 200 gr. TC with other reloading gear that was somehow misplaced after my last move (finding a box full of .40 and .45 brass and bullets in the attic was like early Christmas). I previously loaded this in major with Win231 and Starline brass for my Para P16. I do not currently have any 231 on hand as the local shop has been sold out of it for weeks.

However, I have several pounds of Power Pistol. Anyone still have load data for the 200 gr D&J with Power Pistol? I estimate ~5.6 gr as a starting load but some actual load data would be much appreciated. .

I can't really help you in that I've not tried too many 200gr bullets with Power Pistol. I do know that a 200gr Nosler JHP (1.130", CCI Small Pistol, 1x Winchester brass) over 6.3gr Power Pistol averaged 906 fps from a 3" Kahr CM40.

I know that doesn't exactly help you out, but for what it's worth, it was very consistent and shot very well. I have some 200gr Missouri "Steeler" hardcast bullets that I plan to load between 6.0 and 6.5gr using Power Pistol.

Edited by SDGlock23