Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek Xdm 4p

Msfinlayson

I have been considering picking up one of the CC 4p for production and was wondering what everyone's thought are on them? What are your thoughts on having the barrel and slide refitted that comes with the 4p setup ? Is there a noticible improvement in accuracy? What all does the refitting help with ?

Edited by Msfinlayson

I have two 5.25's done by Rich, one had the slide refit and one dosnt. I love them, they both feel great...I don't think I'm good enough yet to tell the difference between the two when shooting. The one with the slide refit feels nice and tight like a limited gun...you won't be disappointed if you get one.

So I placed my order for one of the black Xdm 5.25 4p yesterday. Rich was great, talk about a fast response. He said he was going to try and get it shipped out yesterday. I can't wait to have it in hand. I have been wanting a xdm 5.25 since they came out and just keep putting it off.

give us a review as i may pick one of these up as well

Sorry I have been crazy busy. So I have had my CC Xdm for a week now and absolutely love it the trigger pull is perfect almost zero take up. The slide to frame and barrel fit is very tight Rich said it should take a few hundred rounds to break in. I have shot it in two matches already and it ran flawless. I am able to transition from my 1911 which is what I mainly shot to the xdm with out even thinking about it. I was a little worried that the grip treatment would be to aggressive but it's not. The tungsten guid rod is pretty cool and what a diffeance it makes it changes the way the entire gun feels. Might have to find one for the 1911. I have not had the time to test the accurcey formally but I can tell you it shoot what ever I aim at. Rich was great to deal with answered what ever questions I had very promptly. I am very pleased with my decision to go with Canyon Creek. If you have any question let me know I will do my best to answer them.