Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Toy?

hopalong

Well the new 646 showed up today. :D

My first impression when I picked it up was the grip was too small as my pinkie finger kind of rolled off of it. <_<

But !!!!! I had sitting there waiting on it 1 Jerry M grip for L frame. installed it and YEE HA man does that feel GOOD !!!!!!! :rolleyes::P:D:lol:

The gun feels just a little light as I figured it would with the smaller frame and Titainium cylinder but it is quite snappy( i think that is the word I'm looking for) as it starts and stops on targets easier.

I shot 1 moon clip through it (couldn't help it) with loads that make 140.000 power factor and it was not as strong feeling recoil as the 610 with 170.000 so it whould really shine at the IDPA matches.

Now to put a good trigger job in it, chamfer the cylinders a little, change the back sight to a Millet sight( my personal preferance ) get more moon clips (Don Hearth here I come) and try hard to wear that dude out (just kidding) but really put some rounds down range after the USPSA Nationals where I am shooting the "SHOOTIN IRON" (625) that finally showed back up from S&W. :)

when I first opened the cylinder and looked at it I thought "man that is cute but it seems so small" Shooting those N frames have gotten me used to seeing a BIG cylinder, (and I deer Hunt with a RUGER 454 Casull).

I will update this thread after I get to run some rounds through it but From First impression " I REALLY LIKE THIS THING"

Hopalong