Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Optics

Got Juice?

C-Mores work, everything else breaks.

Cmores break too and Aimpoints actually don't break at least not very often. But I do prefer a C more for a handgun sight.

Pat

I've never seen a C-More break, nor even heard (directly) of one breaking. I have heard through the grapevine of them breaking of course, and that C-More is great about fixing them.

What I've also heard is that back in the days of Aimpoint dominance, the serious shooters always had three: one on the gun, one in the bag, and one in Sweden getting fixed. I don't know if that's really true but the story stuck with me. Aimpoints are certainly solidly built, but I don't think they're meant to be hit by brass tens of thousands of times. The old 30mm units were inevitably hit by brass so it makes sense they would eventually break. The Micros aren't hit directly but depending on the mount, the mount may be hit and transmit the vibration. Also any aluminum mount will flex and the internals of the sight will get whiplash with every shot (this is what breaks Bomars). The C-More is the only sight successfully designed for this level of punishment.

It's a sample size of 1 but the only Aimpoint Micro on an open gun around here recently broke. At $550 the idea of keeping a spare is painful.