Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer and modified STI triggerguards

MstngLX50

Tired of adjusting the muzzle platform on my CR Speed going from Limited to Open so looking for a new holster, like the looks of the Racer.

I'm concerned about fit since all of my trigger guards have been modified in some way, stippled, undercut, ground for weapon light clearance etc...

Will that be an issue? If so are the critical tolerances available somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

is anything done to the front of the trigger guard?

Yes, some more than others.

The front and underside of a tactical have been thinned so an X300 w/ a DG switch will fit.

The Open and Limited guns both have stippling on the front and underside of the trigger guards, as well as double undercuts.

I can probably get pics later if that would help.

I have a Racemaster holster. I assume the Racer and the Racemaster are similar in the way they hold on to the trigger guard.

I have tried a few different 2011 type grips with my holster. My experience is that if the trigger guard is undercut, even double undercut, and the front of the trigger guard in unmodified, no problem. I purchased an older SVI pistol with polymer grip 2011 polymer gip pistol with a trigger guard that had been rounded. The front was no longer flat. When the holster was locked, the gun sat in the trigger guard block of the holster securely but could rock (tilt) pretty far forward. When the holster was not locked the gun sat in the holster well enough to start a stage, draw re-holster and then re-lock. Short term acceptable for me, but way less than ideal. I went looking for a new SVI polymer grip immediately and was relieved when I changed it out.

Assuming again that the locking mechanisms for the Racemaster and the Racer holsters are the same or similar, if you have 2011 grips where the front of the trigger guard has been rounded or modified, I don't think you will be happy with that set up. I hope this helps.

Thanks all, I went ahead and ordered one. I figured worst case I'm some marinetex away from a nice fit.

The only one I think I'll have a problem with is the 9mm Tactical, I had to reshape and thin the front of the trigger guard to get a light and switch to fit properly. It's for 3 gun so not really an issue.