Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gateway 3-Gun November Regional Match November 10

Wish I could have made it...can't believe there was only one female!!!

And she was a local Junior! It was one of the great things about this match. To see so many new to the sport come out and give it a go side by side with all the experienced and 3-gun vets. Jeremy and Aaron went out of their way to find gear, guns, stage volunteers and ROs etc that could lend a hand and help folks out as needed to learn the game of 3-gun.

I couldn't stay for the awards ceremony, but I'm told by her father that she was grinning wide when they called her up for first lady. If you watched her video above, she was barely able to balance the weight and manage the stock on the long guns. However, she wanted to shoot and be competitve. My hat's off to her and her dad.

As noted in the vid, she won a very light weight Carbon Fiber Free Float Tube from AP Customs at the match to start on next year's new and improved light weaight and proportionally correct models. Look for her to come into her own over the 2013 season if they can get her set up.

Edited by Tactica

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great! I got one of their tubes for that very reason...those beasts get heavy after a bit and she will LOVE IT! Has made such a difference in my shooting!

Guess I really have to put this on my calendar for next year!

You don't have to wait for next year's match of course. Especially if you are in the bi-state area. I encourage anyone with a competition interest in the bi-state area to look at https://www.facebook.com/#!/Gateway3Gun?fref=ts

Jeremy and Aaron of G3G and AP Customs officially announced the 2013 Gateway Point Series Saturday. In summary...

-Earn points for all your local matches that you already shoot! (yes, includes IDPA, USPSA as well as 3-gun)

-Huge end of season prize table with prizes awarded by order of finish and random draw (over $25k already committed by sponsors)

-End of season G3G Shootoff Match and BBQ for all G3G Point Series participants who have met the easily obtainable minimum point requirements.

See you on the range,

Thanks Gary, that is much appreciated! Glad you guys had a good time, the ORPC crew made quite a showing and we look forward to seeing you guys at G3G events throughout the season!

G3G Point Series info and early registration is posted at http://g3gpointseries.whindo.com

And you can find more info on http://www.facebook.com/gateway3gun

We are almost finished with our G3G Point Series website with complete rules and functions for tracking individual points and overall standings. We'll be testing it over the next few weeks and rolling it out before official registration gets started.

We are still offering the early registration at a 50% discount off the full price registration to those that sign up while we are getting everything put in place... :)