Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Action Target Mover

pcmunson

If you are going to use it for A/P, don't get the remote. Get the one that is hard wired.

I know of 2 clubs that have them. The one that is in PA works okay. Once the speed is set correctly, it runs smooth. There is another one in Charlotte, NC that is pretty herky jerky. I don't know if it is the way they have it set up or what. They claim that if they lengthen the cable so that the target can start behind a barricade, there isn't enough ass in the motor to pull the target.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked it over and an older unit it looked like they copied. I couldn't see spending $1000 on something so simple.

As with most things I copy I added improvements, it has stops that can be set on the string so everything is exactly the same each and every time. Also, it can be set to run from left to right, right to left, left to right then back home or right to left and back home. It can be triggered by IR, shock, push button or other targets. The motor is an old 12 v cordless drill motor with a two speed gearbox and a two speed pully I machined from aluminum.

These two videos show the basics, mount 2 x4 s on modified target stands and one side has the drive, the other has a boat winch ( with a bunch of smaller coated cable) with a pully for the drive string.

th_runner2.jpg

th_runner1.jpg

The best use has been as a moving shooting position. This application uses an automotive shock sensor mounted near the start position and the first shot starts the drive.

Click photo for video

th_aug143.jpg

Edited by jmorris