Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SuperNova Problems

Mac_TRAP

Dear Shotgunners,

Currently my SuperNova makes me very unhappy. The problem is that the bolt is in locked position while the bolt carrier is in rear position. The bolt is rotated and the closure warts are wedged in the receiver case.

I hope you can see this in the pictures.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Until now this happens from time to time but now it´s happening more and more often. Its important to know that the weapon has a short stroke modification. Maybe it has something to do with this.

Trapr was kind enough to lend me his modified bold in hungary. As it seems this works better.

But i do not understand how this could happen.

Maybe someone knows more...

Thanks

Markus

Edited by Mac_TRAP

I had exactly same problem several times with my Supernova, that wasn't modified in any way except Nordic extension tube. In one case it took hammering on forend with barrel (I removed barrel, because BCG was locked with live round) to move action.

I never figured out what was causing this. But now, thinking about it... My Supernova was hanging on feeding, because lifter was not directing shells into chamber. Maybe shell stopped in way caused bolt to rotate and jam into receiver?

I actually like the SuperNova because you can shoot it very fast and load even faster. But at the moment it pisses me :angry2:

@Montrala

Are you the guy with the videos in Youtube ?

Your thought is correct, and I had this assumption also. But: there is no cartridge. At first I thought that the bolt hooked to the top of the receiver case. but I have polished and deburred the area. But without success as it seems.

But one thing has attracted my attention: The short stroke bolt carrier has an additional cut to move the shell lifter. The new cut in my old carrier is 3mm closer to the original cut compared with Traprs carrier. And Traprs bolt carrier seems to work better (far as I can see until now).

I think i will change division and go for a M2 :devil:

@Montrala

Are you the guy with the videos in Youtube ?

I think i will change division and go for a M2 :devil:

You mean this piece about problems, jams and sadness? Sounds familiar ;) (however I did not have problem discussed now recorded on video).

M2 you say? You will open whole new can of worms then... I just got myself M1 Super 90, you know (for 800EUR for new one I just could not help myself).

Edited by Montrala

its also important to know that the stroke mod is not MINE!!!!! it is a German stroke mod.

trapr

Markus, i've had others tell me the same thing, i'll try and duplicate the malfunction and see if I can find out the reason. I think maybe the cam pin is worn out or maybe the bolt cam surface, I have several Novas to compare to , and a new one from a customer as well, so I should be able to figure something out.

BTW, cost of the bolt you have is 155.00 US.

Edited by bigbrowndog

its also important to know that the stroke mod is not MINE!!!!! it is a German stroke mod.

This is right. I forgott to point this out...sorry ! The original short stroke mod is german and Trapr was kind enough to help me out with his spare bold carrier. Again, many thanks for that Traps ! :cheers:

Traprs mod is excellent and it worked very well.

But i also want to mention that the german mod works well normally and also my team mates used the same mod without any problems.

Markus, i've had others tell me the same thing, i'll try and duplicate the malfunction and see if I can find out the reason. I think maybe the cam pin is worn out or maybe the bolt cam surface, I have several Novas to compare to , and a new one from a customer as well, so I should be able to figure something out.

BTW, cost of the bolt you have is 155.00 US.

Sounds great. It bugs me very much that I do not know the reason of the problem because this means that i cannot solve it finally. The benelli guys at the range stripped down my original bolt carrier, checked the bolt and cam pin with no result. Everything looked good.

Again many thanks for your help Trapr ... :bow:

(PS: You will get a PM)

Your message box is full. Please drop me an email :-) Thanks !!

Edited by Mac_TRAP