Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore APIs to write your own backup / JSON?

bp78

I've written a match registration solution for our local 3-Gun club, LAMP based, hosted on GoDaddy. Integrates with Wordpress for users and provides an admin side for keeping up with squading, invoicing, and payment. The next logical step is moving toward scoring. I use Practiscore for my own weekly match and have been impressed with it. Looking at the export/backup option output, it's relatively straight-forward, a zip file of two json files. It seems easy enough to write my own match_def.json file.

Are there any APIs for Practiscore - in PHP or JavaScript preferably?

Is the current JSON data model fairly stable? (I would assume so since users would want a backup this year to work next year in the updated app)

• 1 month later...

A somewhat late answers, but hope they would be of some help.

Are there any APIs for Practiscore - in PHP or JavaScript preferably?

I don't believe so. Not sure how would you use from JavaScript, but it shouldn't be too hard to read and write it from PHP. I've been doing that from Java for quite a while.

Is the current JSON data model fairly stable? (I would assume so since users would want a backup this year to work next year in the updated app)

It does maintain backward compatibility and there is also application version in the file. They do add new fields once in a while, so you need to be able to handle them.