Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first loads

DRJ1911

Loaded for the first time on my 650 today. I loaded a few rds with 3.6gn of v320 and a few with 3.8gr with 124gr fmj pd bullits to try in my 9mm glocks. all went well except primer seating. I had several high primers and really don't know why. This is my first time loading on a progressive so I think it might be just a learning curve that I will have to work through. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thank's

Doyle

You probably did not apply enough pressure on the seating stroke to insure the primer seated all the way to the bottom of the primer pocket. It is an acquired "feel" when the primer is completely seated. Congrats on the new 650.

Craig

I just added a 650 to my 550 line up, I do notice that on 38 Super, I have to give a fair amount of pressure on the seating stroke to get them seated, however does not seem excessive or more than required on my 550, however I do need to be deliberate and firm.

You may want to check your shell plate, if it is too loose this condition could appear. Also check you have the correct primer magazine (the wheel) for the size you are installing.

O1

Edited by Ofishl1