Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCC 3-Gun this weekend Aug. 25th & 26th

Sorry for the late notice this month, we had a TV commercial being shot here with a chopper and mini gun tearing up some junk cars and other stuff. Created a mess to clean up delaying my 3-gun setup.

We will have 5 stages this month, a BIG shotgun stage in the center bay called " The Ring of Fire", a no BS, no running, stand and deliver on 54 targets (40 birdshot, 10 buckshot, 3 slugs and the spinner shot with bird shot)..

Fred's Tree will be rifle/pistol where you will attack a motorcade from various shooting positions, targets out to 400+...

Rifleman's ridge has been expanded an additional 100 yards of shooting course, This will be all offhand and supported shooting out to 250 yards.

Mt Baldy will be looooong targets shot from arena. Shooting will be supported standing, kneeling and prone out to 500 yards, no bonus this month the 500 is on the clock.

Jungle Run will be pistol only, we have added 3 additional plate racks so the round count will be higher than last month

All Stages will have ample par times like last month, most in the 300 to 360 sec range.

I will post the final round count tomorrow as I still have targets to relocate and brush to cut down.

Shoot either day or both if you feel tough.. We have shade on all the stages but bring water.

If you liked last months shoot you will love this one...

See you at the match,

FredQ

Stages are set and the round count is as follows...

Stage #1 Fred's Tree -- Pistol / Rifle Motorcade attack with 6 pistol and 24 rifle targets out to 425yd.

Stage #2 Center Bay -- shotgun 40 bird shot plus spinner (5 shots average), 10 Buckshot and 2 slugs

Stage #3 Rifleman's Ridge -- Rifle 21 rifle targets to 300yd along a new rifle jungle run shot from off hand, supported and prone position

Stage #4 Mount Baldy -- Rifle 22 target out to 500yd shot from standing, kneeling and prone, all are supported positions.

Stage #5 Jungle Run -- 50 pistol plates along the jungle run.

Totals:

Rifle = 67

Pistol = 56

Birdshot = 45

Buckshot = 10

Slugs = 2

See you at the match...

FredQ

A Big Thank You to all that braved the heat and winds, and a special thanks to the Corpus and Conroe boys, good to see you again.

This was the toughest match we have thrown to date. Lots of positional rifle shooting, movement, high target counts, long range and the winds made it extra rough. The mega shotgun stage was a blast as it got even the best shotgunners out of there comfort zone.. Our new Rifle only Jungle Run got a lot of great reviews, this is a real run and gun in the woods long range rifle stage.

David Venables shot fantastic on all 5 stages, his 218 on stage 1 was top score. Only 2 shooters made it with in the par time of 300 as the wind played heck with the shooters.

The scores are posted Here

See you next month, for a cooler match I hope....

FredQ

You know I was really doing good till they started scoring my stages!! Really good match Fred. The thing I like most about CCC3G matches is using a rifle as it was intended. Been getting weary of shooting pistol stages with a rifle. See Ya’ll next month.

You know I was really doing good till they started scoring my stages!! Really good match Fred. The thing I like most about CCC3G matches is using a rifle as it was intended. Been getting weary of shooting pistol stages with a rifle. See Ya’ll next month.

Ccc has the facility to utilize the rifle to its full potential unlike many other clubs.

The rifle stages and design are what have me hooked on Ccc. Freds design and match set up keep it running smooth and fun for everyone.