Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement for Aimpoint CompC 7 MOA

JRBean

Anyone using the Aimpoint ML2 4 moa as a replacement for the 7 moa CompC or has anyone had any success with the Burris XTS-135 5 moa dot. I got a new open gun that is set up for an Aimpoint and looks like it will require some serious work to convert the mount over to a c-more. If anyone has a CompC 7 moa they want to sell let me know.

That's all I was able to find on the Burris as well. 95% of the reviews were good but all were AR, AK or M14 applications no pistol reviews. I'm thinking the 4 moa ML2 would be workable since the 4 moa is what shooters use in the smaller T-1 aimpoints. Just not sure if the dot would be big enough. I may just send it off and have the frame fixed so I can use a c-more.

I just recently faced the same dilemma. After using an Aimpoint Comp for 12+ years, I was finally forced to switch to a Cmore because the Aimpoint gave out. I'm actually pretty happy with the switch. The Cmore affords you a much better field of view. There is not so much tube junk, ie. knobs and housing to look around. I'm having an easier time finding the dot when I draw and finding targets during transitions. Overall, I'm happy with my new set-up.